Monday, September 7, 2009

Unofficial End of Summer. Bummer.

The end of Labor Day weekend. Is it really the end of summer? I hope we can sneak in a few more of these warm days and cool nights. Back to school and work tomorrow. Sigh. The Mailman took tomorrow off, though. His day off this week is Wednesday, so why would he go to work on Tuesday?

So, The Girl went to a birthday party yesterday, for her friend from down the street. Friend is a year younger than The Girl, but they get along pretty well, and it is nice for her to have someone in the neighborhood. Anyway, I bring her over to the party, and some of the parents of the other kids are there, and they all know each other, and no one knows me, and no one talks to me. Okay, I admit, I am VERY shy and let myself get intimidated in these situations. I try to make eye contact and smile, but don't seem to get any reaction, so I give up. I know I need to get over this, I just don't know how. Hell, I'm (almost) 42 years old. Is it too late? I ended up coming home and trying, again, to teach myself Photoshop. (I need to find a class, but that's a subject for another day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment