Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Random Tuesday

randomtuesday

Yup, it is Tuesday. Feels like Monday after the long weekend, but I'm sure that everyone has heard that already today.

I read this on Boston.com today, and it made me sad thinking about the possibililty of a generation of kids growing up without books. We love books in our house. We have too many books in our house. The Mailman goes to the library at least once a week. I can see myself someday using a Kindle or some such, but I just don't see it in the same way as curling up with a blanket and a book.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I told The Mailman that I want an iPhone. Not holding my breath.

Why do I have to fill out the same paperwork for The Girl's elementary school every year, when NOTHING has changed? There has to be a better way. One of the forms is a computer printout with all of the information on it that I have to sign to say it is correct, but then I need to fill out five other forms with the same info. WHY?!?!? I get that the teacher needs a copy, the office needs a copy, blah, blah, blah, but why can't they use the info that they have IN THE COMPUTER? Yeesh.

Thanks, Keely... I love RTT!

2 comments:

  1. Wait til all the kids have bar codes. Then you'll be wishing for the good ol' days of filling in forms, because bar codes are creepy. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Wednesday! Happy birthday, fellow Virgo! And I would not be able to survive without my books either.

    ReplyDelete