Saturday, September 5, 2009

Okay, first post . . . What to say, what to say.
I've been thinking about trying this blogging thing for a while. I'm turning 42 in a few days, so I figured what the heck, just jump on in.

I guess a little bit about me might be the best place to start.
I'm four days away from turning 42, married for 16 years to my high school sweetheart. We'll call him The Mailman. We have a wonderful, almost 10 year old daughter, The Girl. Well, she's wonderful most of the time, but does have the capacity to make me completely nuts.

I work full time in the financial services industry. Snore. Not really what I want to do when I grow up, but I still don't know what I would do if I was given a choice (other than being one of the "idle rich," I suppose). I needed a job out of college and am still at the same company. They've changed the sign over my head a number of times (this IS the financial services world), but I haven't left.

I like to try to be "crafty" but find that I don't have too much time for it. I am the queen of the unfinished project. I like to take pictures, and am trying to learn more about that. A few months ago I purchased a "big girl" camera, and hope to someday know how to use it to take more than snapshots. I'll have to see if I can get up the guts to post pictures here at some point . . .

I hate housework. I love Jimmy Buffett. I love Harry Potter and Indiana Jones. I guess some people would call me a geek, though I'm not really sure that's the right word. Right now, I'm listening to Carrie Underwood.

I guess that's it for today. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the long weekend with The Mailman and The Girl.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment