Saturday, September 26, 2009

Remebering Tom

We went to a fundraiser last night to benefit my cousin Tom's family. Tom was killed in a skiing accident this past spring. He was 52 and the father of five, ranging from college to third grade.
Tom was 10 years older than I am, and his family lived in Connecticut when we were growing up, so I wasn't really close to him when we were kids, but as we got older, we got to know each other more. He moved to the Boston area and was always coming to family events. He had a big laugh, a big spirit and a huge heart. Judging from the tremendous turnout at this event last night, a lot of other people felt the same way about him as I do. His kids and his wife will always miss him, but I hope that they can take some comfort in how much he was loved by so many.
I gave The Girl and The Mailman extra hugs when we got home last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment