Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Get your randomness on

randomtuesday


In an effort to save money and the environment, the building that I work in no longer puts liners in our office/cubicle trash cans, and they only collect the trash from them twice a week. We are no longer supposed to put anything food related in the trash in our offices, we're supposed to put that kind of trash in the approved bins in the pantry areas, which are emptied daily. Now, we have paper recycle bins in our offices/cubicles, so I'm not really sure what my trash can is for anymore. I've taken to bringing in plastic bags from the grocery store to put in my trash can so that I can put my coffee cup / tea bag / banana peel / apple core / yogurt container / whatever in it and "bus my own table" at the end of the day. It's either that or walk halfway across the floor with my garbage four or five times a day. I know I need the exercise, but it just ain't going to happen that way.

The grocery bags win. So much for the environment.

---------------------------------------------------------

President Obama apparently called Kanye West a "jackass" yesterday. Can't say I can recall hearing a President quoted using the word "jackass" before . . . Can't say I disagree . . .

---------------------------------------------------------

The Girl BEGGED me last night to let her sign up for violin lessons at school. She made lots of promises about practicing and commitment and I finally relented. The Mailman was out watching the Patriots game when this all took place. He's gonna kill me . . .

---------------------------------------------------------

The Girl and I heard on the radio this morning on the way to school that Patrick Swayze had died at 57. She said to me "57 is awfully young to die." Yup.

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for using the grocery bags, I keep some to line our bathroom trash cans, even though I've been using reusable bags at the store.

    57 is definitely too young. I used to love Patrick Swayze and I've seen Dirty Dancing more times than I'd care to admit. Hey, at least I didn't say I loved Road House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully since the Pats won last night, he wasn't too upset about the violin lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see Dirty Dancing until I was probably 30 years old, so it doesn't hold the same appeal for me. He was a pretty good actor though.

    If The Girl has the same dedication to her violin lessons that I had to my cello lessons, she'll have....half a year of violin lessons under her belt. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be great if Obama called some world leader a jackass? Like the president of North Korea.

    PS. I just bought John Adams but haven't started reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete