Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts - Laissez les bons tems rouler!

randomtuesday

Happy Mardi Gras, everyone!! Click on the Purple thingy and go see Keeley for some more Fat Tuesday fun. I'm not sure what you have to do to get beads, though . . .

I was in New Orleans for two weeks over Mardi Gras in 1996. On business. Yup, Mardi Gras at a really great hotel on Canal Street a half block from Bourbon Street on the company dime. Nice.
Will I ever go back to Mardi Gras in New Orleans? NOPE! (I'd love to go to New Orleans again, but I'm all set with Mardi Gras, thanks.)
If The Girl ever tells me that she's going to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, will I tie her up in the basement until Ash Wednesday? You betcha!

I have to admit, I'm quite disappointed that I didn't win the Red Mittens from Captain Dumbass. I hope that Jenn enjoys them . . . in Florida . . .
Don't worry about me, I'll just pull my hand into my sleeve to clean the six inches of snow off my car so that I can drive home from work.

When I didn't win the Red Mittens, I decided I would splurge and buy some Red Mittens. Only problem with that plan is that, apparently, I can't buy Red Mittens, they're sold out online and I'm not within easy driving distance of Canada to get to one of the stores conveniently located across the country. **sigh** I guess I'll check e-Bay when I get home from work. If I make it home from work today, with all the snow we're getting and the frozen hands I'll have from cleaning off my car. I want me some Red Mittens!


How is it that I can wonder how I've put on so much weight AND go to someplace that looks like this inside on the same day? I'm in complete denial about my less than stellar eating habits.

























And how pathetic am I that I just broke into the Valentine's Day goodie bag my friend at work gave me for The Girl? I only stole one little Nestle Crunch heart, though. I'm blaming it on PMS.


Have a great week everyone, and please, give hugs to the ones you love because you just never know . . . We miss you Papa S.

No comments:

Post a Comment