Tuesday, November 10, 2009

RTT on my Friday!

randomtuesday

Today is my Friday!  I am oh so happy!  I decided to take off Thursday after the Wednesday Veteran's Day holiday and I am not supposed to work on Fridays (although I do at least once a month, usually more) so I have five days off!!  Yay ME!!

I'm writing this RTT post from work in an e-mail to myself at home to post later because my employer has decided to block all things bloggy.  It doesn't matter that I work through my lunch hour, it doesn't matter that I work on my days off, it doesn't matter that I haven't had a raise in lord knows how long . . . they have to just suck every last bit of joy out of the day.   They haven't figured out to block Google reader yet, though, so I can read some stuff (but can't see the prettiness or leave any comments) . . . shhhhhhhh, don't tell them!  I'll take what I can get at this point.

I'm trying to improve my eating habits, lose a few pounds and fit into some of my clothes . . . I've been eating some Progresso Light soups for lunch some days and just had a very impressive carrot explosion in the office microwave.  Yes, I cleaned up after myself and apparently after a lot of other people too.  Gross.

Just got an e-mail from the "Reporting Department" asking me to run a report for them, because I (not a member of any reporting department) apparently have access to reporting tools that they don't have.  HUH?

The Girl has just started reading the Little House on the Prairie books, correction, MY Little House on the Prairie books.  She found the set at my mom's house, with my name in "early cursive" on the box.  I must have read each of those books a half dozen times at least, and I think it is really great that she's not only reading the books, but reading MY books.  

The Mailman and I have a fun event coming up this Saturday that we've been really looking forward to (more on that as we get closer to the weekend), but I was greatly disappointed that I can't go to "Star Wars: In Concert."
From Boston.com:
"Fans of the classic science fiction trilogy, which was given its legendary and stirring score by former Boston Pops conductor John Williams, can enjoy scenes from their favorite space-age bash on a three-story HD screen and accompanied by the sounds of a full symphony orchestra and choir. The event will be narrated by C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels, and props and memorabilia from the films will be on display."
Sounds pretty good to this geeky girl.

And, in a note unrelated to watching what I eat and fitting into my clothes . . . Do calories consumed at a place like this count if they're donating 25% of all purchases to the PTO at The Girl's school?  Yeah, I didn't think so either.  Guess what we're having for dinner?  What?  It is for a good cause! 

I bet you're wondering, given my comment above about bloggy blocking, how this is getting posted in the middle of the afternoon . . . Well, when the boss takes a half day and everyone else in the department is either sick or on vacation and 99.99% of my work communication is done either by e-mail or phone, then heck yeah, I'm doing that from home!

Happy Tuesday, see Keeley for more fun, 'kay?  The zombies haven't gotten her yet . . .

1 comment:

  1. Calories consumed for charitable donations never count. Eat away!

    Sorry to hear that your bloggy activities are being restricted but on the plus side, five days off is suh-weet.

    Happy RTT.

    ReplyDelete