Sunday, November 8, 2009

I like every minute of the day . . .

So, Roger Daltrey was fantastic.  His voice was a little, I think he said "crumbly," but it was great none the less.  He even sang my very favorite Who song ever, one that I never thought I'd hear live, "Blue Red and Grey" from The Who By Numbers.  Oh, never mind that Pete Townshend originally sang it on the album.  According to Roger, Pete would never do it live because, according to him, playing a ukulele on stage in a rock show was "fucking ridiculous," or something like that.

The Mailman gambled a little bit, and we ended up leaving with more cash than we arrived with, so all in all an excellent evening!  Even with a little bit of winnings, I'm going to do the fiscally responsible thing and NOT go to the show in Boston tonight, which, last time I checked was still not sold out.  Unless someone wants to twist my arm . . .

And Roger, in case you're reading this, you look FANTASTIC.

Not from the show we saw, but same tour . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment