Friday, October 30, 2009

Dear So-And-So . . .

Dear People in the XYZ Department -
Thanks SO much for making me wait all day for a file from from you that, oh yeah, doesn't really need to be completed today.  Today?  Yeah, supposed to be my day off.  I'm so glad that I spent it waiting to run your file that you're now going to give me on Monday.  Oh, and this issue, the one that we're trying to fix?  This is the same issue that I gave you the heads up about 14 MONTHS ago, right?  And now we've got to get all of your "ducks in a row" so this year end isn't as F'd up as last year end?  Yeah, I thought so.
Sorry, just not happy right now.
Mary Anne


Dear Men Fixing My Bathroom -
THANK YOU for finishing yesterday.  I'm so happy to have a working toilet and running water.  A couple of things I might have had you do a tad bit differently, but that's the risk I take by leaving you at the house while I go make the money to pay you.  I'm just going to let it go . . .  And nothing personal, but I'm pretty darn happy not to have you in my house today.
Hugs and kisses!
Mary Anne


Dear Andy the Painter -
Yay!  You can come by tomorrow!!  I know, I said all along that I was going to paint myself, but really, did anyone believe me?  I know The Mailman didn't, but he's being a good sport about it and not rubbing it in too much.  Now, lets hope that you can do the work next week and we can really move in to the new bathroom and get all of the bathroom stuff out of my bedroom.
Thank you, thank you, thank you (and I know you're not just doing it because your my sisters friend!)
Mary Anne


Go see Kat for some more so and so fun and games. 

Dear So and So...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Anne,

    Just swung by from Casa Hice to compliment you on your Dear So and So's. I feel your pain sistah.

    Very funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip, hip horray for indoor plumbing! And a "Yippy!" for not having to paint yourself.

    We once renovated a bathroom and I had a toilet in my dining room for three months.

    ReplyDelete