Friday, December 4, 2009

Cheesy Mexican Bake

So I finally made this Enchilada Casserole from the recipe from Jan's Sushi Bar. I love it! The Mailman was sort of "meh" on it, The Girl didn't even try it. I'll keep the recipe, though, because it was pretty easy and something that isn't the same boring things we eat all the time. I didn't have leftovers, so I bought Perdue cooked chicken and I cut the recipe basically in half and cooked it in a 8x8 casserole dish, since it was just for the two of us. YUM!

Anywho, it inspired me to post one of my favorite casserole like things that we've been making for years. I also cut this in half sometimes, since it is just me and The Mailman that eat it, but I've made it big too, when we've had friends over to watch football. It is always a hit. We just call it "Cheesy Bake" around here . . .

Cheesy Mexican Bake
1 1/2 bl. ground beef
1 1/2 cup jarred salsa
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 can Green Giant corn
2 cups pizza cheese or some sort of shredded Mexican blend
2 tubes crescent rolls

Brown beef and drain fat.
Add salsa, chili powder and corn. Simmer until liquid is gone.
Unroll and place one tube of crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
Spread beef mixture on top and then add half of the cheese.
Unroll the other tube of crescent rolls on top, top with the rest of the cheese.
Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
Serve with extra salsa, sour cream, etc.

When I pulled out the recipe to type it here, I flipped it over and remembered that it came from a BJ's advertisement years ago. You just never know where that next "family favorite" is going to come from.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you liked it! If the hubby was sort of "meh" about it, next time kick it up with a little chili powder and Mexican oregano - sometimes I do, sometimes I don't (it depends on how creative I'm feeling LOL).

    Beloved adores casseroles, and your cheesy Mexican bake sounds right up his alley - I'll give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete