Tuesday, October 6, 2009

RTT - Because of the Moon

We have two cats, Doofus and Nut Job (names have been changed to protect their anonymity, except that we actually call them these name, too). Doofus is almost seven and is, well, fat and a doofus. His other nickname is Tub of Goo. Nut Job is one and a half and is, well, crazy. The full moon this weekend? Yeah, he was running around like the Nut Job that he is all night. To anyone that says the full moon doesn't affect animal behaviour, I extend an invitation to take Nut Job for a couple of nights some full moon.

Not sure what I was thinking, but Doofus is mostly white and Nut Job is all black. Now every piece of clothing that I have, no matter what the color, is obviously covered in cat fur. Before Nut Job, I could at least get away with the whites.


Moving On to Moving On
I went to a "Moving On" meeting at The Girl's school last night. Yes, they finally scheduled something that the working moms could attend! They were talking fundraisers, and someone finally said, "Why don't we figure out what the cost would be and consider just asking the parents for the donation instead of all of the fundraisers?" Alleluia! If this means that I don't need to sell/buy any more overpriced wrapping paper or candles, I am all for it! Of course, because none of the students will be excluded from the "Moving On" events, there will, as always, be those who chose not to make the donations and whose slack will need to be picked up by the rest of us . . . I'm not talking about those who CAN'T make the donations, I'm talking about those who WON'T make the donations. (I'm sure some of those who CAN'T will often scrape together the money somehow.) Totally irks me.

For some good randomness, go see Keeley:

randomtuesday

2 comments:

  1. I loathe fundraisers. I pitched our catalogs in to the recycle bin because I refuse to sell the overpriced wrapping paper/candles/kitchen products. My daughter sold chocolates and had emptied her box within the week just by walking through school with it. Keeps the pressure off...although it does make my thighs fat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I despise all those fundraisers. Just give me a dollar figure.

    ReplyDelete